Sunday, September 23, 2012

Motherhood

On becoming a mother of 3, I have learned a few things. First, you need to be organized. If you are not, then your whole world will spin upside down before you. For example, pretty much during the day I find that I am making dinner at 1pm to save my sanity during the witching hour of 4-6pm. Second, I have learned to mother in a whole new way. I think on the birth of my son, I have been given another chance on motherhood, at least that is what I tell myself during those 3am feedings. Third, I value sleep more than money!! Ray(husband) will sometimes let me sleep in during the weekends and every time after I awake, I thank him for the gift of sleep. Fourth, caffeine is my friend. Its a must!!  Just don't over do it or you find yourself wide awake at midnight!! Doh!! Fifth, having a friend who is your sounding board is a must. She can help you come back to reality when you are ranting over your infant's inability to nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment